Amour is delighted to host a pop-up flower shop featuring Queenie & Lulu this Saturday, May 13th from 11-2. If you haven't seen Lisa Lockwood's dreamy floral creations, be ready to swoon.
Flower crowns ($20, preorder) and grab-and-go bouquets ($15) will be available. To ensure we have the right amount on hand please preorder flower crowns by Thursday evening (May 11th); e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve yours. We look forward to seeing you!
Treat yourself or treat the "mom" in your life.
Maison du Soir romper - $195
Tutti Rouge garter belt - $55
Fleur't bra - $58
As spring arrives, I’ve been thinking about tenderness. (And it feels especially appropriate this week since the new blossoms are out on the branches.)
I recently shared with some friends that I feel like the world tries to beat tenderness out of us with its speed and brightness and anxiety. There were nods around the table. Spring, on the other hand, is a great refresher. We can let go of some of the bundled-up, practicality of winter. Spring gives us permission to be more tender, more forgiving, more amazed.
For Amour, that means a place where you can escape the routine and be gentle with yourself. It also means beautiful basics, soft bridal pieces, and colors like petal, milk, lilac and cerulean. We hope you'll come visit this spring.
So many things shape our thinking and planning at Amour. Here are a handful of readings, videos, and songs that have inspired us recently. We hope they inspire you, too.
- Sunday Candy by Donnie Trumpet & the Social Experiment - Chance the Rapper's tribute to his grandma in a fun, single-shot video of dancing, props, and singing
- Certain Age - A conversation on age, women, expectations, and perceptions from the April 2016 edition of Harper's
- Love Style Life - Garance Dore's behind-the-scenes stories from the world of fashion.
- Woolf's Darkness: Embracing The Inexplicable - Rebecca Solnit explores darkness, language, women, and not following plans from the April 24, 2014 New Yorker
- Sinnerman - Nina Simone's spiritual-cum-jazz epic feels like a 10 minute crescendo
- Mona Lisa Smile by will.i.am - Art, animation, music - a fun tour of great works of art in a crazy music video with too many images of will.i.am
- Brooklyn by Colm Toibin - the story of an immigrant coming to America, working in the lingerie section of a department store and finding love
- Starfish and Coffee by Prince - this video is a collaboration with the Muppets to capture how it's ok to be the odd one. We grew up in Minnesota during the 1980s; the death of Prince affected us more than we'd thought
- How To Email with an Old Friend After Falling Out of Touch by Paul Ford - Never be afraid to keep the line open to an old friend
- The Czar of Love And Techno: Stories by Anthony Marra - interconnecting lives across different eras and geographies of Russia exploring love and memories altered by propaganda - expansive and beautiful
- This Is What You Came Forby Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna- Four-on-the-floor dance beats featuring Rihanna's powerful vocals (and Maison Close lingerie!)
- Beautiful Ruins by Jessica Walters - aspirations of building an Italian coastal resort combines with Hollywood stars - a funny cast of characters
- Wow by Beck - a set of psychedelic visuals and simple lyrics that will make you go, well, 'Wow!'
- Becoming Wise: An Inquiry into the Mystery and Art of Living by Krista Tippett - Public radio host Krista Tippett uses her years of conversations to enlighten five aspects of wisdom: words, flesh, love, faith, & hope.
- Holding Back (ft. Gallant) by SG Lewis - did we tell you we love roller skating music videos? Well, we do! Plenty of tricks and skills on display in Atlanta for this one.
- Marry Ya by The Maytags - solid crooning and soul from Dustin Smith and the gang in The Maytags. See them on Friday at Wooly's!
- Until I Find You by Jessica Semaan - a short poem/meditation intertwining the natural world with waiting for your love.
- Patagonia's Philosopher King by Nick Paumgarten in The New Yorker - a profile of a role-model company and leader in the world of clothing and retail.
- Tilted by Christine and the Queens - a fun, dance-filled video from a French singer-songwriter.
- How To Be Parisian Wherever You Are by Anne Berest, Audrey Diwan, Caroline de Maigret, and Sohpie Mas - four Frenchwomen write about how to dress, work, and have fun like Parisians.
- The Dressmaker trailer - a fashion-filled movie coming this fall that examines small-town revenge through clothes.
- The Gratitude Diaries by Janice Kaplan - a better-than-expected set of reflections on how gratitude can change your daily perspective.
- Pancakes in Paris by Craig Carlson - a hilarious account of opening an American-style diner in Paris. Full of laugh-out-loud anecdotes and insights.
- #whereisthelove by The Black Eyed Peas - our mantra at Amour is "Love More" and this refresh of their 2003 song is a much needed message this week.
- Cranes in the Sky by Solange - the visuals alone in this video are amazing, but the song's power is in working through the melancholy.
- The Power of a Dinner Table by David Brooks - we are a family of five who almost never miss a dinner together; David Brooks captures what a family can do when it adds more chairs to the table.
- Miss You by Trey Anastasio (of Phish) on Prairie Home Companion - a live rendition of this calm, yet rolling, song about the memories of someone long gone.
- Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino - an imagined conversation between Kublai Khan and Marco Polo exploring cities as metaphors for language, meaning, memory.
- What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? by Kacey Musgraves - from Kacey's Christmas album this year come the classic song about dates on New Year's Eve.
- Purple Snowflakes by Marvin Gaye - a song we stumbled upon this year. How did we not know about this before?!
Our Annual Sale
Now Through February 2nd
It’s here. This is it. Our one big sale of the year today through February 2nd.
20% off nearly everything in the store and 40% off fall bra, panty, and loungewear collections.
This was the sale last year that one woman looked at me and said, “Seriously?!?!?”
We’re making room for all those beautiful Valentine’s
So give yourself a little treat.
Pictured above from top left: Fleur't Signatrue robe; Bisou bra and panty; Stella McCartney Meg Alluring bodysuit; Sasika bra and panty; Skin gown; Cinnamon & Sugar garter belt; Georgina gown; Noor slip; Our favorite cotton panties; Gift certificates available in-store or online; Classic PJs; Fleur't Signature gown
Join us Saturday, September 24th for our anniversary party
- Gifts for the first 8 purchasers
- A drawing for a boudoir photo shoot with Modern Boudoir
- Kir Royales and treats for tasting
- Pick your percent: select a discount when you come in, up-to 30% off
20% off storewide and 40% off swim!
Today through Saturday
We're getting ready for our annual trip to New York to find beautiful things for all of you. So this week we need to make a little room. Come and enjoy 20% off storewide and 40% off swimsuits through Saturday. It’s a good week to treat yourself and tell us what you’d like to see more of before we head off to NYC.
For First Friday, August 5th, we have teamed up with Illuminate Yoga’s Lynn Marie Nelson to offer a Karma Yoga class. Karma Yoga is a donation-based class that benefits an organization in the community. We have chosen the Pinky Swear Foundation which offers assistance to families dealing with childhood cancer. The class will be a gentle flow designed to help you regroup and relax. As a yoga teacher and long-time yogi, I have a heart for this practice and hope you’ll join us.
From 5:30-6:30 we’ll be visiting, browsing and shopping and then we will close the doors at 6:30 to begin our class. There will be a jar for donations.
Please bring a mat and be ready to relax.
Find your new favorite bra at our spring trunk show!
Friday, May 6 12:00 - 7 p.m.
Saturday, May 7 10:30 - 5 p.m.
This is your chance to try on sizes and styles that are hard to find elsewhere — and enjoy champagne and iced tea while you shop!
- Shop five different styles
- Find your perfect size — from 30D-40K
- Try on as many styles as you like
- Order in your preferred color and size
- Enjoy champagne and iced tea!
Bring a friend, sister, mother, and we'll do our best to support you, if you do your best to support us. Win, win!
We'll be spring cleaning this month and maybe you will too. . .
As you clean up and clean out, don't forget your "top drawer." Now through Mother's Day, bring in any of your worn out or "just not right" bras. We will gladly recycle the worn out bras with Bra Recyclers, and if you have bras that don't work for you, but are gently worn, we will donate them to a local women's organization.
As a nice bonus you will also get 10% off a new bra for doing what you want to do anyway…get things ship shape. We look forward to helping you!